Effective: May 5, 2020
Our Commitment to Data Privacy
The Rise of Privacy Tech, a PIX LLC venture (“TROPT”) is an initiative to bring together privacy tech innovators, investors, experts, and evangelists to fuel privacy innovation.
Privacy is important to us. As such, we’ve developed this Privacy Statement to disclose how we collect, use, and share your personal data when you sign-up for, use, or engage with any of the TROPT applications, products, social media accounts, services, or websites (collectively “Services”). As we grow and as our data processing activities change, we will update this Privacy Statement accordingly.
We do not knowingly attempt to solicit or receive personal information from children.
The Personal Data We Collect and Use & Our Legal Bases
We collect and use your contact information, which may include your name, email address, phone number, company name, title, occupation, as well as other information you may be asked to provide when using our Services, signing-up for our newsletter, registering for an event, or engaging in a transaction.
Our Services collect certain information automatically and store it in log files. The information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, the region or general location where your computer or device is accessing the internet, browser type, operating system and other usage information about the use of our Services, including a history of the pages you view. We use this information to help us design our Services to better suit our users’ needs. We may also use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our website, analyze trends, track visitor movements, and gather broad demographic information that assists us in identifying visitor preferences.
We have a legitimate interest in understanding how our community and users use our Services to allow us to provide more relevant products and services and communicate value to our sponsors and partners. In some instances, we collect your personal data based on your consent.
How We Limit the Use of Personal Data
We limit the use of your personal data as follows:
- To providing, maintaining, securing, and improving our Services;
- To communicating with you about new and existing Services and to send you content about privacy technologies and innovations, events, and related news;
- To connect you with a privacy tech vendor or privacy tech buyer; and
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements and xprotect the legal rights, property, and safety of TROPT and its users.
How We Share Personal Data Under Limited Circumstances
We share personal data under the following limited circumstances:
- With our service providers, within the United States and in other countries, who may access data about you to perform functions on our behalf;
- With government and law enforcement where reasonably necessary to comply with applicable law, regulation, legal process, governmental request;
- With others where reasonably necessary to protect the security or integrity of our Services or user safety;
- In connection with, or during the negotiation of, any merger, sale of company stock or assets, financing, acquisition, divestiture or dissolution of all or a portion of our business;
- With sponsors and partners, in connection with an event that we host or co-sponsor; and
- With other third parties, including privacy tech vendors or privacy tech buyers, with your consent.
We do not sell personal information to anyone and only share it as outlined above. We may share data that is not personally identifiable with third parties.
TROPT is headquartered in the United States. As such, when we collect personal data, such data will be processed in the United States. By using TROPT’s Services, you acknowledge and consent to the processing of your data in the United States. TROPT collects and transfers to the US personal data with your consent, to perform a contract with you, or where TROPT has a compelling legitimate interest that does not outweigh your rights and freedoms. TROPT endeavors to apply suitable safeguards—including entering into data processing agreements with its vendors whenever feasible and appropriate—to protect the privacy and security of your personal data and to use it only consistent with your relationship with TROPT and the practices described in this Privacy Statement.
We take reasonable measures, including administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to help protect your personal data from loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Storage and Retention
TROPT stores your personal data on its servers, and on the servers of the cloud-based database management services TROPT engages, located in the United States. TROPT retains data for the duration of its users’, partners’, or sponsors’ business relationship with TROPT and for a period of time thereafter to analyze the data for TROPT’s own operations and for historical and archiving purposes. For more information on where and how long your personal data is stored, and for more information on your rights of erasure and portability, please contact TROPT at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Personal Information: You can request to change, correct, delete, obtain a copy, or restrict processing of your personal data by emailing us at email@example.com. We may retain or continue processing your personal data for a period of time consistent with applicable law.
- Cookies: You can set your browser to reject cookies.
- Marketing: You can opt-out of emails by following instructions in these emails. If you opt-out, we may still send you non-marketing emails regarding transactions and services relating to any ongoing business relationship.
- Do Not Track: Some browsers support a “Do Not Track” feature, which is intended to be a signal to websites that you do not wish to be tracked across different websites you visit. Our Services do not currently change the way they operate based upon detection of a Do Not Track or similar signal.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement or our processing of your personal data, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.